Barbecue Bacon Dogs
Barbecue Bacon Dogs were created for my hubby during our Valenversary weekend. These are made with hot dogs, bacon, cheese, barbecue aioli sauce, peppers and onions. Sounds manly to me! I served these with my delicious Homemade Crispy Fries.
If you’re unfamiliar with aioli sauce, it is garlic-flavored mayonnaise. When added to barbecue sauce it becomes a mouthwatering combination. You’ll soon be trying to come up with other recipes to use barbecue aioli on.
Barbecue Bacon Dogs are pretty fattening and definitely not a weekly meal. However, you can make some adjustments to make it slightly healthier. Try using turkey hot dogs & turkey bacon, fat free mayonnaise and a lighter cheese.
Or how about a few other fattening combinations:
- Try bratwurst or sausage instead of hot dogs.
- Add jalapeno to the onion & peppers for some kick.
- Add paprika, cayenne pepper or red pepper to your aioli sauce for heat.
SELECTIVE EATING: I ate a slightly different version. Yes, you guessed it. No peppers and onions for this selective eater.
Hot dogs stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon, covered with barbecue Aioli sauce and topped with peppers & onions.
- 10 Hot Dogs or Bratwurst
- Hot Dog Buns
- 10 Slices Precooked Bacon
- Sliced Cheddar or Pepper-jack Cheese
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- Place a slit in each hot dog, leaving a 1/2 inch at each end. Insert sliced cheese (see picture).
- Wrap the hot dog with a slice of pre-cooked bacon. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bacon and hot dog are hot. Cook peppers and onions in oil until softened. Mix Aioli sauce ingredients.
- When hot dogs are ready, place each in a hot dog bun, spread Aioli sauce and top with peppers & onions.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!