Because of winter store Titan, school has been cancelled again. The weather people were forecasting 2-4 inches of snow and utter chaos. Checked the backyard this morning – yeah, 1 inch of snow. At this rate, Megan will be going to school until July.
Ok, I’m done. Wasn’t even a rant, just a tiff. You know, kinda like winter storm Titan.
I’m so excited to share this super tasty recipe with you. Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef is an accidental recipe. I didn’t have the ingredients for another recipe, so I got to play. OH EM GEE, I’m so glad I was out of those ingredients.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef has great potential to become the base for many recipes.
– My veggie loving friends could add broccoli, carrots and any other veggies they enjoy.
– My spicy friends would enjoy Sriracha sauce to turn up the heat.
– Finally, yummy red potatoes sound terrific for my next go-round with this dish.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef
- 2 Pounds Stew Meat or 1" cubes of any steak
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon Beef Better Than Bouillon *See Notes for substitutes.
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Onion chopped or 2 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onions
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic minced or 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1-8 oz. Can Sliced Mushrooms or 2 Cups Fresh Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot Cooked Egg Noodles or Rice
Place the beef, mushrooms and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
In a microwave safe dish/cup melt margarine. Add bouillon to margarine; stir to dissolve. Add onion powder, garlic powder, basil, salt, pepper, turmeric to broth; mix.
Pour margarine mixture over meat. Stir meat to coat; mix well.
Cook for 4-6 hours on LOW setting. Stir once, halfway. If using HIGH temperature and meat appears to be getting done quickly, turn down to LOW.
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
Serve over egg noodles or rice.
* 1 Tablespoon beef bouillon granules or ground up bouillon cubes can be substituted for Better Than Bouillon.
Do not add water - stew meat will produce plenty of moisture.