Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef
Because of winter store Titan, school has been cancelled again. The weather people were forecasting 2-4 inches of snow and utter chaos. Checked the backyard this morning – yeah, 1 inch of snow. At this rate, Megan will be going to school until July.
Ok, I’m done. Wasn’t even a rant, just a tiff. You know, kinda like winter storm Titan. 🙄
I’m so excited to share this super tasty recipe with you. Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef is an accidental recipe. I didn’t have the ingredients for another recipe, so I got to play. OH EM GEE, I’m so glad I was out of those ingredients.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef has great potential to become the base for many recipes.
– My veggie loving friends could add broccoli, carrots and any other veggies they enjoy.
– My spicy friends would enjoy Sriracha sauce to turn up the heat.
– Finally, yummy red potatoes sound terrific for my next go-round with this dish.
Savory Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef is a hearty dish with little fuss and big taste.
- 2 Pounds Stew Meat (or 1" cubes of any steak)
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon Beef Better Than Bouillon (*See Notes for substitutes.)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Onion, chopped or 2 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onions
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1-8 oz. Can Sliced Mushrooms or 2 Cups Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot Cooked Egg Noodles or Rice
- Place the beef, mushrooms and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a microwave safe dish/cup melt margarine. Add bouillon to margarine; stir to dissolve. Add onion powder, garlic powder, basil, salt, pepper, turmeric to broth; mix.
- Pour margarine mixture over meat. Stir meat to coat; mix well.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on LOW setting. Stir once, halfway. If using HIGH temperature and meat appears to be getting done quickly, turn down to LOW.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.
* 1 Tablespoon beef bouillon granules or ground up bouillon cubes can be substituted for Better Than Bouillon.
Do not add water - stew meat will produce plenty of moisture.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!