Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
I did make a partially frozen turkey the first time I roasted one but that is a different story altogether.
My husband looks forward to my turkey every year, so when I said I was making ham for Christmas, he pouted. So we ate both!
SELECTIVE EATING: Chicken is not my favorite food, no secret there. I can eat chicken if I cook it to the point that the chicken is almost dry. Can you say backwards?
- 4 pound Fryer chicken
- 3 tablespoons Margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- Remove any inner parts (neck and gizzards). Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients. Rub over and beneath skin of meat.
- Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan if you have one. Place chicken on rack. Cover with tented foil (do not allow foil to touch chicken!).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes. Baste the chicken 1-2 times with pan drippings.
- Remove foil for the last 10 minutes to roast the top. (If using an electric roaster, either place the chicken on a baking sheet or use the removable pan and put into preheated oven).
- Using a meat thermometer, the breast should be 160 degrees and the thigh should be 170. After removing from the oven, the chicken will continue to cook, as long as you leave it in the pan, covered. The thigh should reach 180 after 10 minutes.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!
There are no comments on this entry.