Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken
Learning to like chicken is turning out to be a delight. Yes, that’s right, I don’t like chicken. Usually. For years, whenever I ordered chicken, I’d push it away. “What’s wrong with it,” my husband would ask. I’d reply, “It tastes like chicken.”
It tastes exactly like what I picture a bird would taste like. I know that sentence doesn’t make any sense. and how does one get over a weird taste issue? They try hundreds of recipes until they find one that’s finger licking, lip smacking good.
It doesn’t hurt that I’ve started watching my calories and I’m actually starving at dinner time!
This recipe uses split, bone-in chicken breasts with skin. I’m sure you could adjust it to use other chicken portions or skinless breasts. Personally, the amount of meat that was on each breast made these perfect. The package had 3 large breasts in it. There was enough meat for all three of us to eat, for my hubby to have seconds, enough for his lunch the next day AND a treat for the dogs.
Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken uses one of my favorite cooking items – Liquid Smoke. It is generally found where the barbecue sauce is in the grocery store. The recipe also use Kitchen Bouquet or browning sauce.
Slow Cooker Roast Chicken - Finger licking and lick smacking good! It's amazingly tender & moist and cooks while you go about your day.
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, melted
- 4 Bone-in Chicken Breast Halves
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Browning Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, packed
- Mix the paste ingredients together into a thick paste. It will have a strong smell. Set aside.
- Rinse & pat dry each chicken breast. Pierce each breast through the skin into the meat with a fork several times.
- Rub your paste mixture into skin and under the skin. (Gently lift the skin in the same manner that you do a turkey.)
- Completely cover each breast with breast, make certain to rub it in firmly.
- Add chicken breast to slow cooker in layers. Pour melted butter over each.
- Cook on LOW setting 4-5 hours until chicken is 165 degrees.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!