Dump cake is like apple crisp in taste but is richer. It is quicker and easier prepare this recipe. In fact Dump Cake is so easy to make even your husband can make it. The hardest part is choosing your favorite pie filling.
We’ve tried making this recipe with peach and apple fillings. Dump Cake tastes delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
FRESH FRUIT: You can use fresh fruit in place of the pie filling. Wash, peel and slice if necessary your chosen fruit. Place in the bottom of a 13×9″ baking pan. Liberally sprinkle fruit with 1 Cup Sugar and 1 teaspoon Cinnamon before covering with cake mix.
Dump cake is like apple crisp but has a richer taste. It is easier to make. The hardest part of Dump Cake is choosing your favorite pie filling.
- 42 ounce pie filling, any fruit flavor
- 1 Box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9x2 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread pie filling on bottom of pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over filling.
- Mix together cake mix and melted butter in a medium bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until light golden brown.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!
There are no comments on this entry.