Yesterday I posted my base Pasta Sauce and today I’m cooking with it. Skillet Lasagna is a mash-up of different recipes, including my grandma’s classic lasagna. I’ll share that the next time I make it.
My Grandma’s lasagna is one of the few pasta dishes that I’ll eat without complaining even though it has tomatoes. I don’t mind picking through them because the taste is so rocking awesome.
FREEZER MEAL: When cooking skillet lasagna I double the recipe and store a second dish. Before adding cheese to skillet, follow these instructions.
- Line a casserole dish with foil.
- Place a thin layer of noodle & meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Repeat both layers.
- Allow the dish to cool completely.
- Place in freezer. Once frozen, grab the foil sides and place in a large Ziploc baggie.
- To cook, place meal back in casserole dish & allow to thaw in fridge.
- Cook for 30 minutes on 350 degrees or until heated through.
When you want lasagna but are short on time, this recipe will give you the same delicious taste in a fraction of the time.
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 small Onion, chopped
- 1 Pound lean Ground Beef
- 16 ounces Bow Tie Pasta, cooked & drained
- 2 Cups MrsHuddle's Pasta Sauce or your favorite brand
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 8 ounces 4% Cottage Cheese, small curd
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil in extra large skillet. Brown ground beef. Drain.
- Stir in cooked pasta, pasta sauce, oregano and parsley. Heat on medium until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cottage and Parmesan cheeses. Reduce heat to low.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese. Cover with lid for five minutes until mozzarella melts.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!