Yesterday I posted my base Pasta Sauce and today I’m cooking with it. Skillet Lasagna is a mash-up of different recipes, including my grandma’s classic lasagna. I’ll share that the next time I make it.
My Grandma’s lasagna is one of the few pasta dishes that I’ll eat without complaining even though it has tomatoes. I don’t mind picking through them because the taste is so rocking awesome.
FREEZER MEAL: When cooking skillet lasagna I double the recipe and store a second dish. Before adding cheese to skillet, follow these instructions.
- Line a casserole dish with foil.
- Place a thin layer of noodle & meat mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Repeat both layers.
- Allow the dish to cool completely.
- Place in freezer. Once frozen, grab the foil sides and place in a large Ziploc baggie.
- To cook, place meal back in casserole dish & allow to thaw in fridge.
- Cook for 30 minutes on 350 degrees or until heated through.
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 small Onion, chopped
- 1 Pound lean Ground Beef
- 16 ounces Bow Tie Pasta, cooked & drained
- 2 Cups MrsHuddle's Pasta Sauce or your favorite brand
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 8 ounces 4% Cottage Cheese, small curd
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil in extra large skillet. Brown ground beef. Drain.
Stir in cooked pasta, pasta sauce, oregano and parsley. Heat on medium until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Stir in cottage and Parmesan cheeses. Reduce heat to low.
Top with Mozzarella cheese. Cover with lid for five minutes until mozzarella melts.