In my selective eater opinion, pork tastes much better than chicken. The amazing thing is that David really likes these!
These succulent pork chops are savory and filling. They taste delicious as they are or can be served with a condiment like barbecue sauce. Try adding warmed cream of mushroom soup on top for a rich, luscious meal.
You can easily add or omit seasonings to your own liking. Try sage, garlic (my favorite!), parsley or all of them. For more zip you can increase the chili powder and try adding a bit of cumin.
Baked Pork Chops
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 6 Lean center-cut pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Egg -Use egg white for a healthier recipe
- 1 Cup Milk -Use skim milk for a healthier recipe
- 1 Cup Fine dry bread crumbs -Substitute crushed Cornflakes or Special K crumbs
- 4 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Nonstick spray coating
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Trim fat from pork chops.
Beat egg with milk in a pie plate or small baking dish. Place pork chops in milk mixture and let stand for 5 minutes, turning chops once.
Mix bread crumbs, spices and salt in a second pie plate.
Spray a 13x9 baking pan with nonstick spray coating.
Remove pork chops from milk mixture. Coat thoroughly with crumb mixture.
Place pork chops in pan and bake for 20 minutes. Turn pork chops and bake 15 minutes or until no pink remains.