Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork
As I sat down to whip out this recipe, my cat Marty decided the drapes would make an excellent jungle gym. Of course when he got to the top and couldn’t figure out how to get back down, Mr. Acrocat wasn’t quite so talented. See Marty in action here.
So Marty has been rescued and I can get back to describing this mouthwatering meal that even the teenager liked!
For the hubby I added the onions and green peppers. He really likes both and if a recipe can use them, I always add them.
SELECTIVE EATING: I omitted the crushed pineapple because no one in our house likes it. Instead of pineapple, I added 6 ounces of pineapple juice. I buy the six pack of Dole Pineapple juice cans for sweet & sour recipes. See example below.
Also, I kept out a portion of the meat for myself before throwing it back in with my hubby’s peppers and onions.
A tasty dish that is sure to become a quick hit. This dish has a smooth sweet and sour taste that will leave mouths watering.
- 2-3 Pounds Pork roast
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup White vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 6 oz. Pineapple juice
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- Brown the pork roast on all sides and place in slow cooker.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and pineapple juice in medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over pork roast.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until tender. Remove pork roast from slow cooker, set aside.
- Thicken sauce with corn starch and water if necessary. Add green peppers and onion.
- Shred pork roast and add back to slow cooker. Cook an additional 30 minutes to allow green peppers & onions to become tender.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!