Poultry Gravy from Bouillon
My hubby loves turkey with stuffing for lunch. He use to take T.V. dinners to work but he got tired of them. And let’s face it, those things are not too terribly healthy.
While I’m doing my freezer cooking, I whip up my Weekend Stuffing, turkey cutlets, mashed potatoes and gravy. I make up several home-made T.V. dinners each time.
Unfortunately, I failed to stock up on chicken broth before my last freezer frenzy. So I improvised and this was the result. My hubby and I were both really pleased with the result. You can easily adjust the seasonings to your own tastes.
FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Allow gravy to completely cool. Label quart sized baggie. Place baggie in a large cup. Fold the top of the baggie over the top of the cup. Pour the cooled gravy into the baggie. Zip the baggie, removing as much air as possible. Freeze in a flat position.
A tasty poultry gravy recipe made from chicken bouillon granules. When the cupboard is bare.. this recipe is great!
- 2 Cups Water + 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Flavored Granules (*see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- Boil 2 cups water in a small sauce pan. Dissolve chicken flavored granules in boiling water.
- Add seasonings, mix well.
- Mix 1/4 cup cold water and 2 tablespoons flour in a small cup, making a smooth paste or use a shaker bottle.
- Slowing stir flour mixture into boiling broth, whisking constantly. Remove from heat immediately to prevent lumps.
Can use: - chicken broth instead of water & bouillion. - 4 ground up chicken bouillion cubes instead of granules. - 2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillion instead of Granules.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!