It’s Sunday morning, the dogs have been fed, the birds are chirping and peace reigns! For now, anyways. Later the hubby and I are cutting down trees. But for now, I can enjoy a few moments with my computer.
How about a favorite recipe…
Let’s face it, there are few people who don’t like ranch, bacon or pasta. So what happens when you add them all together? Yeah, that’s right. You get a mouth explosion of goodness!
When I make Bacon Ranch Pasta for cookouts or potlucks, someone is always asking for the recipe. Oh and I have to make extra for a certain lady at my husband’s work! Those are the kind of compliments that I like receiving.
This recipe is easy to manipulate and make changes to. I’ve fiddled with it for the last couple of years and found this to be the perfect balance for my family. Occasionally I top my salad with bacon bits for a little crunch factor.
However here are a few alterations you could add:
- Sliced black olives (I would but my hubby doesn’t like them)
- Chopped onions
- Ham or chicken
Creamy ranch pasta with bacon, tomato and cheese! Yum!
- 1 Pound Rotini Pasta, cooked & drained
- 1/2 Pound Bacon, cooked & drained
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Package Dry Ranch Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare pasta as directed, drain & set aside. Chop tomatoes and bacon.
- Gently mix tomatoes and bacon into the pasta.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, dry ranch mix, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper in a separate bowl. Gently fold into pasta mixture.
- Mix in cheddar cheese. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Do you enjoy bacon? Why not learn the History of Bacon?
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!