#Ivory #SudLife #Science
We recently received a bar of Ivory Soap from Influenster for product testing. After giving the soap a trial run on Megan’s face, we decided to have a little fun with it. Now Megan can say she did a little science during summer vacation.
Creating a soap cloud with Ivory Soap in your microwave is quick, simple and fun!
- Wet your Ivory Soap bar.
- Leave whole or cut an Ivory Soap bar into 4 quarters.
- Place a piece of wax paper on a microwave safe plate.
- OPTIONAL: Place drops of food colors on your pieces of soap – more is better!
- Microwave for 2 minutes and watch.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute. Flip it over and check it out!
THE WHY: “Two processes occur when you microwave the soap. First, you are heating the soap, which softens it. Second, you are heating the air and water trapped inside the soap, causing the water to vaporize and the air to expand. The expanding gases push on the softened soap, causing it to expand and become a foam.” from Chemistry.about.com
And before you try or ask: Other brands of soap won’t work!
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!