I have an easy recipe to share that can be used with many other recipes. Make-Ahead Freezer Meatballs can be used with any recipe that uses meatballs.
This recipes makes a large batch and can be frozen. Perfect for a busy life. The recipe uses “flash freezing.” For more information on flash freezing, please visit Once A Month Meals.
If you’d like to make a small batch to cook right away, just divide the recipe by 3 or 4.
Try using these meatballs with my Sweet BBQ Meatballs recipe!
- 12 ounce Evaporated Milk
- 3 pounds Ground beef
- 1 Cup Oatmeal, ground up
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- In a very large bowl, mix ground beef, oatmeal, bread crumbs, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Add in lightly beaten eggs; do not overwork.
- Shape the meatballs into one" balls. Place in single layers on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place the meatballs on the tray into your freezer to “flash freeze” them for 1-2 hours. Transfer the meatballs to labelled plastic freezer storage bags.
- Cover in your favorite sauce. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.