Sloppy BBQ Sandwiches are one of my go to meals, especially when life is really busy.
They make for a quick & delicious meal that is kid-friendly and husband approved. I’ve made these for my daughter’s band (200+ kids) and they were a big hit. I usually serve them with my Homemade Crispy Fries. They go well with coleslaw and/or potato salad.
If you would like to kick them up a notch, add a bit of bell pepper & a teaspoon or two of your favorite hot sauce.
These sandwiches use liquid smoke. Liquid Smoke is generally found where the Barbecue sauce is in the grocery store. If you have never cooked with it – you’re gonna fall in love. I prefer Natural Hickory Flavor by Colgin Liquid Smoke.
Sloppy BBQ Sandwiches
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/4 Cups Ketchup
- Brown chopped onions in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add ground beef to pan and brown. Drain oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes.