I’m so excited to share this super tasty recipe with you. Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef is an accidental recipe. I didn’t have the ingredients for another recipe, so I got to play.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef has great potential to become the base for many recipes.
– My veggie loving friends could add broccoli, carrots and any other veggies they enjoy.
– My spicy friends would enjoy Sriracha sauce to turn up the heat.
– Finally, yummy red potatoes sound terrific for my next go-round with this dish.
Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef
Savory Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef is a hearty dish with little fuss and big taste.
- 2 Pounds Stew Meat or 1" cubes of any steak
- 1/2 Cup Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon Beef Better Than Bouillon *See Notes for substitutes.
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Onion chopped or 2 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onions
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic minced or 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1-8 oz. Can Sliced Mushrooms or 2 Cups Fresh Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot Cooked Egg Noodles or Rice
- Place the beef, mushrooms and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a microwave safe dish/cup melt margarine. Add bouillon to margarine; stir to dissolve. Add onion powder, garlic powder, basil, salt, pepper, turmeric to broth; mix.
- Pour margarine mixture over meat. Stir meat to coat; mix well.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on LOW setting. Stir once, halfway. If using HIGH temperature and meat appears to be getting done quickly, turn down to LOW.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.
* 1 Tablespoon beef bouillon granules or ground up bouillon cubes can be substituted for Better Than Bouillon. Do not add water - stew meat will produce plenty of moisture.
I just bought some stew beef today and this looks like the perfect way to use it up. Thank you for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.
Cindy – Your mouth will definitely thank you! ~Cheers, Stacy
this looks so good, so have to try this and know hubby will be delighted. thanks for sharing.
Thank you Karen! This meal is delicious – Enjoy! ~Stacy
Your Slow Cooker Mushroom Onion Beef looks delicious, we would just love it, especially on that yummy bed of noodles. This is pure comfort food. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
Thank you Miz Helen.. this is a definite favorite! Cheers, Stacy
Looks like you saw you were featured on Five Friday Finds already! :) Hope you can stop by again this week. :)
I was very excited to see the feature! This is one of our favorite meals and I’m happy it got a little loving. ~Have a good weekend, Stacy
This looks delicious! I’d love for you to link it, or any other recipe up at my recipe link-up here! Everyone gets pinned!
Thank you Stephanie. I have bookmarked your linky & look forward to stopping by next week!
Oh I love another great recipe for the Slow Cooker,I never can resist one! This looks absolutely delicous! Thanks so much for sharing on The Yuck Stops Here this week! Hope to see you back next week, we’ll be starting the party on Tuesday evening at 6pm ET instead of Monday from now on! HUGS
Thank you for stopping by and for hosting the party! Have a terrific week, Stacy