This Homemade Crispy Fries recipe is similar to the potato wedges/Jo-Jos that you can buy in delis & convenience stores. Because they are oven-cooked instead of deep-fried they are healthier.
My husband dips his Homemade Crispy Fries in ketchup but I prefer homemade fry sauce. What’s your preference?
Home-made Crispy Fries
- 4 medium Russet potatoes
- 3 Tablespoon Vegetable or Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese or Plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Clean and peel potatoes if you prefer. Cut potatoes into large wedges.
- Place potatoes in a clean, large bowl. Fill with ice cold water and sprinkle with salt. Place in refrigerator while you prepare the seasoning & preheat the oven.
- Mix oil and the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl with a sealing lid (like Tupperware). You can use a large plastic baggie if this is not available.
- Rinse potatoes and place in the bowl. Seal tightly. Toss gently to combine. Arrange seasoned potatoes in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, turn potatoes. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.