Before I give you this awesome recipe, I want to share with you the gift I received from my family. I have had the supreme luxury of having my house all to myself for the last few days. It’s peaceful and quiet!
Time alone is healthy and important for a multitude of reasons. My favorite reason is that it helps to avoid burn-out as a parent and wife. I love my family dearly but time apart is a blessing.
I don’t have to deal with eye-rolling from my teen-aged daughter or deal with Mr. Cranky-pants when he comes home from a bad day at work. It truly allows me to unwind and relax. When they come back, I appreciate them for all the positive things that they are.
For a list of other good reasons to spend time alone, please visit: Psychology Today.
Alright, enough about that. Let’s get to the recipe.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. I love pork chop but my hubby generally doesn’t. This is one of those recipe that he likes.
Pork Chops & Apples are a healthy way to serve a delicious meal and dessert. The juice from the apples bakes into the pork chops creating a tender meat. The apples are a bonus delight!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 Pork Chops, boneless, 3/4" thick
- 3-4 Apples
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon All-spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, core, and slice the apples. Place the apple slices in the bottom of the dish.Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle the pork chops with cinnamon, nutmeg, all-spice and rosemary.
- Place the pork chops on top of the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until pork is slightly pink and apples are tender.
This post may or may not have been linked at these Fabulous Parties!