Pork Chops & Apples are a healthy way to serve a delicious meal and dessert. The juice from the apples bakes into the pork chops creating a tender meat. The apples are a bonus delight!
I love pork chop but my hubby generally doesn’t. This is one of those recipe that he likes and my mother-in-law too.
The saying “Pork Chops and Applesauce” is universally loved by my generation thanks to Peter on the Brady Bunch. Can’t make this without saying it just like Peter!
Pork Chops & Apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 Pork Chops, boneless - 3/4" thick
- 3-4 Apples
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon All-spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, core, and slice the apples. Place the apple slices in the bottom of the dish.Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle the pork chops with cinnamon, nutmeg, all-spice and rosemary.
- Place the pork chops on top of the apples.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until pork is slightly pink and apples are tender.