I had some cube steak in the freezer which I normally turn into Country Fried Steak. However, I was feeling a bit adventurous.
So, what to do with my cube steak? After poking around the internet, I came up with Swiss steak. This was a dish I knew my hubby would love. I didn’t however, feel like jumping through all the steps of standard Swiss Steak. So, I made my own recipe that was super easy to make. That’s where the “Mock” comes from!
If you want Swiss Steak but are short on time, I think you’ll enjoy this recipe.
Mock Swiss Steak
Mock Swiss Steak is tender, delicious and easy to make!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 4 Cube Steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Onion Powder optional
- 1 16 ounce Can Tomatoes, diced
- 16 ounces Fresh Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 15 ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and onion until translucent.
- Season each steak with salt, pepper & onion powder. Add steak to heated pan and brown each side.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, broth and water to pan. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes until tender.
- If sauce is too thin, thicken with cornstarch. Serve as is or over hot noodles.
Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday Linky Party! This looks really good, with the peppers and tomato! Healthy works for me – I think it would be really good over mashed cauliflower! I will try this – as soon as it isn’t 95 degrees out! Julia
Thank you Julia! Sounds delicious :)
This looks so easy! I’m pinning to Creative k Kids Tasty Tuesday board. Thanks for pinning up with us.
Thank you Dina! I like easy & simple :)
This looks like comfort food! Yummy! Pinned. Thanks so much for being a part of our party! Please join us tonight at 7 pm. We love having YOU! https://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls
Thanks Kimberly! I’ve already been to the party..whoop whoop!
This looks really good not to mention a quick and easy recipe:)
Thank you Adrian! ~Stacy
LOVE IT! Stumbled and pinned. Thanks for stopping by The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party this week, see you next week! HUGS
Thank you Cheryl! I appreciate it :) ~Stacy