Sweet BBQ Meatballs are delicious, filling and gone before you know it! They are perfect for potlucks and large crowds. Many years ago, my hubby came home from work raving about these meatballs. He liked them so much that he actually brought me the recipe.
Far be it from me to deny a man his pleasure! I made a few tweaks to the recipe, making it my own. I use my Freezer Meatballs, which are a terrific compliment to the sauce. You can use your favorite meatball recipe or store-bought frozen ones (I’m not judging you, really!).
I have served this to several different groups of people and they have all loved it. My mother-in-law thinks Sweet BBQ Meatballs are awesome & we all know how hard it is to impress a mother-in-law! My husband loves it, my brother-in-law loves it, I loves it *giggle*
Liquid Smoke is generally found where the Barbecue sauce is in the grocery store. If you have never cooked with it – you’re gonna fall in love. I prefer Natural Hickory Flavor by Colgin Liquid Smoke.
This recipes serves at least a dozen or more people. If you want to serve it at home for a family of 4 – cut it by 3!
Sweet BBQ Meatballs
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1 Cup Brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses *optional
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped or minced
- 5-6 Dozen 1" Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place meatballs in a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar, liquid smoke, garlic powder, and molasses.
- Add chopped or minced onions to sauce mixture.
- Pour sauce mixture over meatballs.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes if using precooked meatballs or cook for 40-50 minutes if using fresh meatballs. Drain grease, if any. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
What a great sauce for your Meatballs, very tasty! Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Thank you Miz Helen.. these are definitely a winner! See you next week ~Stacy
I’m loving this recipe, can’t wait to try it. Pinned, thanks!
Thank you Bernadyn! You won’t be sorry – everyone loves these and they’re easy to tweak to your own taste.
Stacy — you always share the tastiest recipes — this is no exception! Thanks again for sharing at Tasty Tuesday. :)
Thank you Dee! :)