This is a tasty poultry gravy recipe made from chicken bouillon granules. When the cupboard is bare.. this recipe is great! There is no need for drippings or a prepackaged mix.
FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Allow gravy to completely cool. Label quart sized baggie. Place baggie in a large cup. Fold the top of the baggie over the top of the cup. Pour the cooled gravy into the baggie. Zip the baggie, removing as much air as possible. Freeze in a flat position.
Poultry Gravy from Bouillion
- 2 Cups Water + 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Flavored Granules *see recipe notes
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- Boil 2 cups water in a small sauce pan. Dissolve chicken flavored granules in boiling water. Add seasonings, mix well.
- Mix 1/4 cup cold water and 2 tablespoons flour in a small cup, making a smooth paste.
- Slowing stir flour mixture into boiling broth, whisking constantly. Remove from heat immediately to prevent lumps.
- chicken broth instead of water & bouillion.
- 4 ground up chicken bouillion cubes instead of granules.
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillion instead of Granules.