Crescent Dogs are a fun lunch or a quick & easy dinner. This recipe is a tasty way to “jazz” up hot dogs.
Plus, kids love eating them! Since they are so simple to make, kids will enjoy helping you make them. Megan and I enjoyed doing them up and getting in mommy-daughter time!
Try serving them with my Homemade Crispy Fries for a complete kid-friendly meal.
I tried making the Crescent Dog with prepackaged “Cheese Dogs” (Oscar Mayer and Ballpark both make these). They were alright but they tasted better following the original recipe. I don’t think kids will care though.
- 8 Hot Dog
- 4 Slices American Cheese
- 1 8 oz. can Refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each slice of American cheese into 6 strips. Slit hot dogs to with 1/2 inch of the ends. Insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.
- Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough around each hot dog.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet, cheese side up. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.